Brick fans, start your engines!
The Great LEGO® Race combines roller coaster thrills with virtual reality (VR) technology to put guests in the center of an action-packed road rally where the laws of physics and aerodynamics only loosely apply. Enter a virtual world where you're the star of a rollicking race against several LEGO minifigure competitors – all while taking an exciting roller coaster ride.
With animated action taking place on the ground and in the air, The Great LEGO Race pits guests against a pirate, wizard, surfer and pharaoh as they steer LEGO-built vehicles like a rocket-powered windsurfing rig, a stylish scooter fueled by espresso and an ornately canopied bed (called a “litter”) carried by mummy servants.
Wearing optional VR headsets, riders will experience the action from every direction up, down, forward, backward and all points in between while riding the roller coaster – in a dazzling environment where everything is made of LEGO bricks.
Who can ride?
- Under 42 inches (1.06m): Not tall enough to ride yet! Check out other exciting attractions like AQUAZONE Wave Racers, Technicycle, Kid Power Towers, The Dragon and LEGO® NINJAGO® The Ride.
- 42-47 inches (1.06m-1.19m): Can ride without the VR headset when accompanied by a responsible rider 14 years or older and at least 48 inches tall (1.21m), who must ride without the VR headset to supervise his or her companion.
- 48 inches (1.21m) and above: Can ride with or without the VR headset if he or she is alone. If he or she is supervising a companion rider 42-47 inches (1.06m-1.19m), both riders cannot wear the VR headset.
- Guests must be at least 6 years old and 48 inches tall (1.21m) in order to wear the VR headset.
- Guests in wheelchairs must be able to transfer to the ride vehicle with assistance from a member of their party. While LEGOLAND Model Citizens are happy to assist, they are not permitted to lift guests into or out of a ride vehicle.
- Guests with full leg casts and/or full arm casts are not permitted to ride. Guests must have one natural leg to the end of the kneecap, and one fully constructed natural or prosthetic leg. Guests must have one arm (including a prosthetic) that can continuously grasp and they must fit securely within the ride restraint mechanisms. All prosthetic devices must be secured or stored before riding.
Can guests ride the roller coaster without wearing the VR headset?
- Yes. A guest 48 inches (1.21m) or taller can ride with or without the VR headset if he or she is alone. If he or she is supervising a companion rider 42-47 inches (1.06m-1.19m), both riders cannot wear the VR headset.
The Great LEGO® Race will be operating without VR until further notice.